Systems Administrator - Information Technology
This role is primarily to manage and maintain our Directory Services, Compute and Storage Systems, and Network Infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience in both system and network administration, as well as a strong understanding of IT security. Responsible for building and maintaining all aspects of the corporate and field network infrastructure, Active Directory (on-prem and AzureAD). This role is also responsible for ensuring systems are up-to-date, secure, and performing optimally. The position will evaluate new products, designs segments of corporate and field network and systems, design and maintain wireless network infrastructure, troubleshoots all 7 network layers 2 for network issues. The infrastructure engineer will work closely with other members of the IT team to ensure that all systems are operating optimally and that users receive the technical support they need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, maintain, and secure corporate and field network infrastructure.
- Design, maintain, and secure Active Directory Services
- Design, maintain, and secure IAM solution
- Troubleshoot network related issues.
- Evaluate new products to increase efficiency of corporate network.
- Design and maintain corporate and store network policies.
- Document network infrastructure
- Document Active Directory structure
- Document all subnets within the organization.
- Assist in development of integration, migration plans/schedules for infrastructure network solutions, as well as public cloud solutions.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware and software components, including operating systems, applications, and network devices.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Update firmware and software for all our network devices.
- Manage user accounts and access permissions and ensure that all users have the access they need to perform their jobs.
- Work with other members of the IT team to plan and implement IT projects and initiatives.
- Document IT procedures and processes to ensure consistency and knowledge transfer.
- Provide research and assistance with implementation of technology solutions.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Frequently interact with internal customers and functional peer groups
- Provide interface for strategy and direction with technology providers.
- Plan and execute hardware platform changes with minimal disruption to service.
- Define corporate level Infrastructure roadmap documentation and provide input on their upkeep.
- Provide input into the development of and maintenance of compute, network, backup, and storage infrastructure.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- 7+ years of relevant, broad technical experience as an infrastructure engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field or equivalent work experience required.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Communication – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. This includes the ability to describe or explain complex processes and issues in a concise manner
- Persuasion and collaboration – Nurtures and builds effective partnerships with clients to achieve results; team player, comfortable working on multiple teams/projects simultaneously and independently, as needed
- Critical thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions
- Strong vendor relationship, procurement, asset management skills
- Primary expertise related to Microsoft technologies; however, experience across the infrastructure stack to include server, software, networking, tools are also expected
- Previous engineering experiences completing logical and physical designs to meet the technical needs and solve a business requirement.
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual infrastructure architectures (Private/Public Cloud, automation, etc.)
- Strong experience with Firewalls, SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, Radius & 802.1X
- Experience managing large-scale infrastructure network projects.
- Strong experience within a Directory Service stack. (Active Directory, WINS, LDAP, DNS, GPO, AD Federation, SAML, ADFS, Multi Factor, Azure AD connect.
- Experience working in VMware, Hyper V & Azure environments.
- Experience completing logical and physical design documents
- Experience with small/medium enterprise and their consumption of Technology applications
- Experience with Multi-vendor hardware and software solutions
- Familiar with milestones, measuring risks, completing cost estimates and operational design documents
- Working knowledge of automation, monitoring, build/provisioning processes, workload automation and virtualization capacity management concepts
- Technical certifications a plus