Senior Manager of Facilities and Maintenance
Job ID 49547 Date posted 11/28/2023 Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida Address 3200 SW 42nd Street
We are BrandsMart - one of the leading Consumer Electronics and Appliance Retailers in the Southeast. With 10 retail stores in South Florida and the Atlanta area and a growing e-commerce presence, BrandsMart USA has a legacy of offering your favorite brands at the lowest prices. We provide our team members the opportunity to reach their full potential in a high-energy, incentive-based environment with competitive benefits. This is much more than a job – it is a career with purpose.
Summary: Responsible for managing the overall direction and day-to-day facilities issues for BrandsMart Store Support Centers under the Director of Facilities. Works closely with outside vendors, Lease Administration, Real Estate and Executive Leadership to maintain the facilities and meet staff office needs. The ability to manage vendor personnel is a core competency of this position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the overall direction and day-to-day facilities issues at BrandsMart locations to ensure services are being performed to specifications
- Direct supervisor for all facility managers on the BrandsMart team.
- Will act as the first point of contact for all occupancy space activities, which entails properly handling escalations, thoroughly reviewing and approving quotes, and invoices, managing warranty claims, and ensuring proper close out of vendor projects
- Responsible for all vendor management for SSC buildings, which includes ensuring vendors have the necessary skills, competency, and requirements such as licenses, and insurance, monitoring all vendor activity while onsite to ensure compliance, safety, and completion holding all vendors accountable to standard service levels
- Overall vendor management, which includes developing performance reporting and scorecards, frequent business reviews to discuss performance, and holding vendors accountable to service level agreements and scopes of work
- Manage all financial and budget activities related to maintenance activities including preparing and managing to an annual maintenance budget, identifying, and implementing cost saving initiatives, supplies/tool inventory control and establishing a Five-year repair/ replacement plan for each SSC building and projects
- Space planning and reporting for all SSC buildings
- Performing routine maintenance and general cosmetic upkeep on facilities and seeing to repairs when needed.
- Must be able and willing to work/coordinate on weekends up to and including potential to travel to South Florida locations in emergency situations.
- Safeguard the work environment by identifying and remediation of all safety hazards within the properties
- Monitors response to emergency situations (equipment failure, fire, evacuation, etc.) and customer concerns and communicates status updates effectively
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and company directives as it relates to building operations
- Perform additional job duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of four years’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office package (with emphasis on MS Excel)
- 2+ years leadership experience
- FM Pilot experience is a plus
- Ability to handle large amount of data to create meaningful reporting and analysis to support optimal decision making
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other facility systems.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action
- Ability to interact with service providers, Landlords, and internal customers in a professional manner
- Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports
- Extreme sensitivity to Customer Service and delivering a world class experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish a MUST.
- Understanding of leases, contracts and related documents
LOCATION: Fort Lauderdale, Florida View Map