The point-of-sale (POS) administrator is responsible for the testing, roll-out, adoption, maintenance, and administration of the BrandsMart POS system. This position will provide support for daily POS operations to ensure proper performance and up-to-date features to drive store performance. The successful candidate will provide guidance to the business responsible for the day-to-day activities of the system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the configuration of the Manhattan Active Omni point-of-sale system.
- Coordinate with business and technical areas to understand business requirements and translate them into system configurations.
- Provide guidance to team members on best practices and methodologies for system configuration and maintenance.
- Participate in project planning sessions and provide input on system design and be responsible for the configuration.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure seamless integrations of the Manhattan Active Omni POS system with other enterprise systems.
- Troubleshoot store hardware and software, including office computers, printers, POS terminals, POS printers, and other peripheral hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems and work with POS vendors and/or third-party technicians on issues needing assistance.
- Manage POS access levels and perform periodic role reviews and user access verifications.
- Documentation of business, functional, and integration requirements.
- Ensure solutions are scalable, repeatable, efficient, and effective.
- Primary point of escalation for the BrandsMart helpdesk on all POS issues.
- Collaborate with store personnel to verify systems are functioning as intended.
- 10-15% travel required to stores throughout the Southeast U.S.
Education and Experience
- College or University degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience with an industry-leading point-of-sale system
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong understanding of retail business processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with complex enterprise systems.
- Define and commit to project timelines for deliverables.
- Experience in a retail store environment or project is a plus.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as needed.