Learning & Development Specialist
This position is responsible for enhancing BrandsMart’s learning and development initiatives. With a blend of facilitating, coordinating, creating, and executing essential training programs, the Learning and Development Specialist focuses on delivering impactful learning solutions that align with organizational objectives. The Specialist will ensure that training resources effectively support and elevate the competencies of BrandsMart team members in alignment with business strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure smooth coordination and execution of training programs, acting as a key liaison between external partners and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate and execute quarterly vendor trainings with a strong sense of urgency and resourcefulness, ensuring that they are organized, effective, and conducted within stipulated timelines.
- Assist in creating, managing, and optimizing basic LMS courses using the Articulate 360 suite and Absorb LMS, ensuring that the courses are well-designed, engaging, and meet learning objectives.
- Be prepared and comfortable with facilitating occasional in-person trainings, effectively communicating information and engaging team members in the learning process.
- Retrieve, analyze, and communicate LMS reporting data to assess the effectiveness of training initiatives and to inform necessary improvements or adjustments.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with team members, stakeholders, and external partners, fostering an environment of collaboration, and relationship building.
- Showcase adaptability by navigating unexpected challenges or changes in the training landscape, employing resourcefulness in finding solutions and maintaining the quality of the learning experience.
- Provide comprehensive support for new store launches by assisting in coordinating new store orientation, vendor training, and other educational initiatives to ensure a seamless introduction to company processes and culture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Retail industry and operations experience.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating training sessions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects concurrently.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- 2+ years of experience with instructional design tools like Articulate 360 and Absorb LMS.
- Excellent communication skills for effective training facilitation and relationship building.
Adaptability and resourcefulness in navigating challenges and changes in the training landscape.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems, preferably Absorb LMS.
- Knowledge and application of Instructional Design processes, trends, tools, and adult learning principles. Proficiency with Articulate 360 is a plus.
- Excellent facilitation, public speaking, and communication skills.
- Vendor Coordination and Relationship Management.
- Proactive and Resourceful
- Travel up to 25%.