Store Warehouse Team Member
Store Warehouse Associate
To distribute merchandise to customers. This is an entry level, hourly position that will report to the Warehouse Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribute merchandise. A manager or supervisor will verify the merchandise to the pink invoice and give it to the Handout for distribution to the customer. A Handout will cautiously and professionally hand the merchandise to the customer.
- Load and secure customer merchandise. A Handout will cautiously and professionally load customer merchandise in the customer’s vehicle and secure it, by tying it in, from falling from the vehicle.
- Handouts will sign the customer’s copy of the invoice acknowledging the customer received the merchandise. The customer must sign the pink copy of the invoice acknowledging the customer received the merchandise and the Handout will return it to the pickup counter area.
- Responsible for taking steps to detect common signs of shoplifting, theft and other security risks involving customers and coworkers and to promptly communicate potential problems to store management or store security. Duties are performed during the employee’s entire shift in addition to other duties.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to accurately perform the above requirements.
- This position requires a minimum of two years prior experience in warehouse operations.
- When a store is in an area where a language other than English is necessary, fluency in that language will be a preferred skill, depending on the demands of the location.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read English (or another language as may be required for one specific location) sufficiently to read invoices, repair orders, faxed requests, and similar written materials.
- Basic English language writing skills.
- Basic math skills, including addition and subtraction, necessary to verify quantity of merchandise being pulled or being returned to stock.
- Ability to grasp and lift or otherwise move goods weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted or up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for a seven and one-half hour shift, with two fifteen-minute breaks and one-half hour meal break.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by team members assigned to this classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by team members assigned to this classification.